Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Should i divorce/ have divorced my wife?

Ill start from the beginning. me and my wife were dating for about a year of and on before i left to join the army. After basic training and AIT, We decided that shoudl would meet me at my 2nd AIT and we would live togerther. neither one of us had money. Realizing this, about a month before we were supposed to move, i expressed my feelings about her moving with me so fast. We had no money, nowhere for her to live(she couldnt live in the barracks, because we were not married). Any who, when i expressed my feelings she just kinda brushed it off. So, me and her arrive at my new duty station, 500 bucks in my pocket, and to my name. We stayed in an extended stay hotel for a while, but afer 2 weeks, i didnt have money to sustain us anymore. on top of the stress about where we were going to live, i was new to the army, and was also a student. with the little bit of money i had left, i proposed that she move back home, and lets wait a while and move in together after we got our money situation correct. She tod me that she was not going back home and that we could make it. not knowing what to do, i asked her to marry me, that way we would have housing, and a place to live.i felt responsible for her. i was not ready to be married., but i convinced my self that it could work out. The day we got married, i got very depressed. not because of her, but the fact that i was married, and i felt as if i was pushed into doing it. Well as time went on, money was definately an issue. that on top of my already resenting her for putting me in this situation, and i got very depressed. It didnt show at all until i got home. i would become angry and just ignore her. for the littlest things, for days at a time. well she began to get VERY violent and pphysically abusive when we would argue. She would do things like tell me she was going to the library and drive 8 hours away to our home state. This went on for about 6 months. One day an arguement got out of hand. she attacked me and threw a glass at me head. I ducked, but was very upset. when she charged me again, i threw her to the bed and kicked her in the stomach. it happened so fast, i hardley remember doing it. i quickly apologized and helped her up. I was late for work and had to get back. before i left she asked, what would make you happy right now, and i replied, if u werent here when i came home. when i arrived home she was not there. later that night the military police knocked on my door and arrested me for spousal abuse. she told them i had attacked her, and she was at a battered womans home. in the military, if convicted for spousal abuse, that is an automatic dishonerable discharge and possibly time in jail. i had just got in the military, and had to go through alot to get out of trouble, she eventually decided to tell the truth, but it was still to late and i was almost put out of the army. well soon after i got orders to go to germany. while on leave before moving to germany, we decided that she was not going to come. after about 5 months she came, once again kind of coercing me with altimatums*. we now live together, and are doing better, but what happened always lurks in my mind. i dont know if i can forgive her. Sorry for the spelliing errors, but i had to get it out while it was flowing. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment