Thursday, July 21, 2011

Are foreign blacks more tolerant of mixed people than American blacks?

Let me first start off by saying I'm African American but I think a lot of American blacks are ignorant when it comes to mixed people. A lot of them seem to force mixed blacks to choose a side and claim their black side over their non black side ESPECIALLY with half black half white children etc. I think a lot of mixed people just want to say "I'm half black half whatever." but feel so constrained and are almost coerced into identifying and favoring the blackness over their other side. I find it horrible and disgraceful A lot of American blacks seem to be stuck in the past and still so by physical appearance of a mixed person & the 1 drop rule from ages ago. I don't the physical doesn't change Dna structure and it doesn't matter how "black" or "white" someone looks our racial identity doesn't go by how we "look" it goes by which group or group(s) we're related to.

No comments:

Post a Comment