Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I got into a bad car accident and was rushed off to the hospital can I sue?

I got into a car accident because of a defective feature on the car. I blacked out during most of it, but I remember hitting my head but Im not sure what I hit it on. The airbags did not go off so it is assumed that I hit my head on the steering wheel. The car is a brand new 2011 Dodge Challenger and NOTHING should have been wrong with the car at all (One of the wheels just popped off after an episode of violent shaking). My 4 year old son and I were rushed off to the hospital in an ambulance. My son was checked out first and they said there was absolutely nothing wrong with him (according to paramedics the car seat was strapped down so well, that it didnt even move during the whole ordeal). I, on the other hand, had a concussion and severe case of whiplash (thank god for seatbelts). I was pretty lucky considering the extent of the damage. Anyways, while I was at the hospital recovering, the officer who was at the scene of my accident came in and handed me a citation for something like having an unsafe vehilce (stupid) and a ticket for a suspended license. I had no idea my license was suspended and had no reason to think I did because a couple weeks earlier I had been at a road block and the ran my name in the system because I didnt have my license on me. They told me I had a warrant for an FTA on a speeding ticket, but that was all. They didnt say anything a bout a suspended license and they let me go. I called the DMV and they said my license has been suspended since January of this year!!! So I was shocked to hear that because I hadnt received any mail letting me know anything about..... ANYTHING. I was planning on getting a lawyer and suing Dodge for the defective car they sold me and they damages done to my neck and head and emotional blah blah (you know the works). But will this license suspension be a big issue? How much does it affect the case since I didnt receive any letters about the suspension and the whole road block issue with nobody telling me my license was suspended. And if my license was suspended since the begining of January and I bought the car (and insurance) in April, how come the suspension didnt show up then? Im confused.... Please help

No comments:

Post a Comment