Tuesday, July 19, 2011

False Molestation Allegation?

This isn't about me and obviously I'm keeping the names out but a friend of mine is going through something really bad. Her husbands teenage daughter accused him of molesting her then coerced my friends 10yr old daughter to say he did it to her too. Eventhough the 10yr old has admitted that she lied and felt pressured they won't believe her. I've read all kinds of stories on how kids who are abused will recant because they're families torn apart but my friend has left the husband so there's no chance of them getting back together. This has been going on for almost a year now and the 10yr old is still claiming nothing happenned. I believe that my friend was forced to leave her husband, they made it clear that she wouldn't be able to have her daughter if she stayed married to him so I don't think it's because she believed something happenned. The thing is, they never arrested him. Is it possible at all that they could reunite as family and try to rebuild their lives? If DCF and CPC aren't involved and he was never arrested or even charged (they also only questioned him once and that was the day the accusation was brought to their attention), can they move on with their lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment