Thursday, July 21, 2011

Can anyone advise on Scottish law, or tell me where to find an appropriate lawyer in area?

over 2 years ago, left abusive ex. and was coerced into signing paper to say would not make claim on jointly owned property! Took some money, personal property and car, which was in my name. recently had communication from his lawyer, regarding possible sale which can't go ahead without me signing off on property legally..I saw lawyer here in England, and she thought was prob entitled to some..as he cannot sell without my signing, but she had to bow out when he threatened me with legal action, GOD knows what for, as she has no knowledge of Scottish law. As he has offered a paltry �5000, before threatening legal action, I feel he is bluffing, but can hardly afford to take the risk without proper advice. Advice anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment