Sunday, July 17, 2011

My 5 yr old sister likes to put on makeup, why?

wearing makeup for play now will probably not affect how much she wears later.The five year olds at my daycare love dressing up and using lip glosses. We usually laugh and say, "Oh my gosh! I didn't know there was a beautiful fairy in the class today! Where did you come from?" It helps to get their imagination going and they love the compliments. A child with a big imagination is a good sign! At five, they are watching their older siblings and many of them brag about what their brothers and sisters are doing. Stuff like: "My sister plays soccer and mom said I get to play next year too" She looks up to you and that wont change any time soon. she will notice that you do not wear a lot of makeup out of the house and probably follow your lead. Don't put down the comments too hard or she might want to do the opposite. I wouldn't worry about it too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment