Monday, July 18, 2011

I need help with a fantasy story?

I've been working on this story about werewolves for a while now. (No, Twilight did not inspire me). And the story, characters, and plot are coming naturally to me. But I keep hearing all of this backlash regarding werewolves because they are "overused". I thought the vampire and werewolf craze would die down eventually, but they keep making more crap such as Teen Wolf, which is making people hate werewolves even more. I thought my story line was original enough since it did not include a werewolf-human paranormal romance, high school, or vampires. Not to mention the protagonist was a female and I rarely see female werewolves. So I tried using different fantasy creatures but it halted my story and my ideas ebbed away. I don't know what to do. Should I still write about werewolves even though people think they are overused, or should I try a different fantasy creature?

No comments:

Post a Comment